About Ben Jones
Hi there! Welcome to my professional portfolio. My name is Ben Jones (aka benpaddlejones online), I live in Sydney and I’m a High School Design and Technology Teacher by day and a freelance designer by night. I draw on many experiences to support my clients achieve the most from the process of turning ideas into reality.
Design is not just about making beauitiful things it is about understanding how others will experience and interact with it. Then design something for their benefit.
My Design Passion
- System, process and learning design
- Targetted 3D Design for printing
- Graphic Design
- Integrated social media and marketing design
My Design Skills
- Advanced CCS & HTML
- Photoshop & Illustrator
- Video Production
- Adobe Captivate eLearning design
- 3D Slicing for Printing
- 3D Design
- WordPress Theme Modification
- WordPress management & SEO
My professional experiences
- I was part of the team that lead the delivery of the NSW Digital Education Revolution
- I supported the design and implementation of the NSW Department of Education’s Social Media Policy
- I designed the concept of a virtual world of professioanl learning for educators and co-wrote the sucessful submission to the “DEEWR Information Communication Technology Innovation Fund” (ICTIF), “Anywhere, Anytime Teacher Professional Learning” ICT Innovation Fund Project.
- Listed in SMH as one of the top educational leaders on Twitter to follow. (Principles of the tweeting principals).
- I co-designed the award winning innovative solution ‘Mobilae’ to gather and analyse learning data through emerging technologies. The concept won Silver at the 2010 international IMS Global Learning Consortium Learning Impact Awards.
- I designed and led the 1 to 1 learning unconference, a disruptive event that still has not been equaled with in the NSW Department of Education.
- Sacks, M. Jones, B., 2011 Interact! Teaching Using an Interactive Whiteboard, Chapter 11, Edit by, Dana S. Dunn, Best Practices for Technology-Enhanced Teaching and Learning: Connecting to Psychology and the Social Sciences, Oxford University Press, USA.
- Casey, A. Jones, B., 2011, Using digital technology to enhance student engagement in physical education, Asia-Pacific Journal of Health, Sport and Physical Education, 51,66.
- Adobe Educational Leader
- Accredited Peer Coach
- Bachelour Commerce (Marketing)
- Bachelour of Teaching
- Masters of Teaching
- Cert IV Workplace Training & Assessment
- Cert IV Master Personal Trainer
- Cert III Public Safety
My life expereinces
- National Wildwater Technical Coach
- International Junior Coach & Manager to the Wildwater Junior World Chmapionships
- New Zealand National Whildwater Sprint Champion
- Vertical & Swiftwater Rescue Technician
- Australian Dragonboat Represenative